Sunday, February 13, 2011

Wide-eyed wonder and feeling deeply

It was another week of wide-eyed wonder, of feeling deeply, moving gently through each moment of my day.

A week where I soared and I stumbled, I flew and I crawled. A week where, no matter the weather, no matter the times, I sank with gratitude and compassion into Love.

It was also a week (or two) where three remarkable women created remarkable moments filled with their best, their most amazing, their incredible beings through sharing their talent and wonder with the world.

And I'd like to honour their creativity and achievements by sharing links to what they've created with you.


Cover art, "The Assumption of the Virgin" by Randall David Tipton.

Maureen Odallas over at Writing without Paper had her first book of poetry published. Neruda's Memoirs, published by T.S. Poetry Press, is available at Amazon -- all over the world.

In a reader's review at Amazon.com, Deborah Barlow writes,

"Maureen has one of those minds that can penetrate a variety of disciplines with amazing alacrity, passion and speed. In that sense she is a far cry from the isolated poet who is hermited away in her study. All her writing reflects the fullness with which she approaches life. Her knowledge of poetry is enhanced and deepened by her expertise in writing prose, visual art, politics, spirituality, philosophy, religious practices, travel, science, business, human potential. She is both fascinating and fascinated, a rare quality in one individual.... Poetry is personal and powerful. If you turn to this form of expression to dig deeper into what our lives mean and how we should live in a conscious way, this would be a book that would speak to you."

To support Maureen and to celebrate her accomplishment, you can catch glimpses of Diane Walker's amazing art and listen to her read the title poem, Neruda's Memoirs, in her liquid honey voice, here.

In her own work, Diane Walker of Contemplative Photography, has created a beautiful 20 minute visual essay of spirituality and creativity and contemplative photography that she presented at the University of Seattle. "Encounters with the Sacred" by Diane Walker is a beautiful and soothing exploration of her journey into photography and the sacred and a meditative respite into feeling connected with the sacred.

You can listen and be enchanted by Diane's visual and melodic journey here. (I wanted to embed the actual YouTube video but have encountered technical difficulties).

And while I mentioned this last week, it most definitely deserves celebrating again, the amazing Joyceann Wycoff over at Peaceful Legacies announced her Dragon Country book project and her quest to become Hampton Road's "Top Self-Help Author". Do click on Dragon Country -- and don't forget to vote.

Okay -- so really, this is a ten day post of wonder... I had been waiting to celebrate until I received my copy of Neruda's Memoirs, but it hasn't arrived yet, and I just couldn't wait. I'm soo excited about what these remarkable women have accomplished. I am so proud to call them my friends.

There were others, of course, who also shared their wonder with the world and enlightened us all with their brilliance -- to read of more, just click on any of the links in my Blog List -- and you will be filled with awe and wonder.

May your day overflow in wonder and joy. May your heart be immersed in love.

Nameste.

¸.♥*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Louise

9 comments:

Maureen said...

Thank you for the sense of community you foster and for promoting beauty wherever you find it. At a time when there is so much ugliness in the world, you offer always through your blog many reasons to look toward the best.

I wish it were possible to vote more than once for Joyceann's project.

Josie Two Shoes said...

Mostly it's been a week where I've stumbled and crawled, but today is a new day. A new week begins, the house is perfectly quiet except for the purring of cats, sunshine is streaming thru the window. I smile and begin again... to read, to write, and to love life itself. Thank you Louise, for always being an uplifting and enlightening part of my morning! Headed off to check out these links! :-)

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

Happy Sunday,
Happy Valentine's Day.

Missed you and hope to see you around soon.

Louise Gallagher said...

I feel so blessed to be part of such a supportive and caring community Maureen -- I receive more than I give!

Ah Josie -- that stumbling is the beginning of getting up again! :) Hugs - have a beautiful day.

And Morning -- thank you. I find when I'm feeling so pressured and busy at work, that I let certain things slide... and that's not good! thank you for popping in and reminding me -- I belong to a community of poets who offer encouragement and love and support!

Thank you!

Claudia said...

wow - that's great news...will go and check them out...great to hear about maureen, didn't know she was working on a book - yep - great news

Diane Walker said...

So sweet of you to promote us all so gracefully; bless you!

... and I love the falling hearts!

S. Etole said...

I'm eager to read Maureen's book ... it was such a joy to listen to Diane reading one of the poems and view her art work.

You are a joy as well!

Unknown said...

Louise

I always check out the blogs of those that comment on your page and who are on your blog list because I figure if they like your blog enough to comment or you have them on your list then they must be worth the visit.

Love the hearts

Fi x

trisha said...

Thanks a lot louise for sharing these wonderful persons.

lots of love.
trisha