Saturday, September 4, 2010

Body Worlds

“Flat is not an acceptable position. We are always expected to grow.” Carolyn Reidy, CEO, Simon & Schuster

While Ms Reidy is speaking of the publishing business, the same can be said of life -- we are always expected to grow -- whether we like it or not.

Last night we went to Gunther von Hagen's Body Worlds and the Brain exhibit. Colour me gruesome but I was fascinated by the inner workings and intricacies of the human body and mind. By the fetus still in situ in the womb, the fat laden slice of an obese man's body, the brain of an Alzheimer victim.

Fascinating.

And today, I'm off to get my body, mind and spirit uplifted. To the gym. To Banff and to dinner with my family.

what a lovely way to spend a Saturday.

Here's wishing you a day of rest and joy and peace. A day to revel in the wonders of your body and you awaken to the wonders of the world around you.

nameste.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Have a great weekend, Louise.

Jeff Jordan said...

Louise,

I don't think you're gruesome. I an fascinated by the same things. Amazing our bodies.(well, some more amazing than others, I suppose:)

Hope your day is turning out to be one of joy and peace as well!!!

S. Etole said...

Enjoyed catching up on your posts ... and yes, you are a humorous woman!