Sunday, April 18, 2010

Something Special Sunday

Yesterday, on Glynn's blog, Saturday Good Reads, he posted a Ted.com video of Natalie Merchant singing poetry to life.

I want to share it here as it is stunningly beautiful and well worth the listen. At the end she sings Thank you -- immerse yourself, let gratitude descend and embrace you.

Enjoy and have a beautiful Sunday.

I'm feeling like a 7 out of 10 today -- so am going to live my 7 to my 100%. Some fresh air, walk with Ellie, contemplative time, reading and writing time. A blissful day of quiet.

Nameste.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was just in the garden pulling out sunflower stalks.

some of them are like little trees.

L.L. Barkat said...

fresh air and a walk with such a beauty seems like the perfect kind of day :)

L.L. Barkat said...

oh my goodness... I just watched this with my Littlest (who is the same age as one of the poets who Merchant put to music). Seriously, I cried. And then, at the end, I danced with my little girl... and we laughed.

Louise Gallagher said...

Poetry and tears and laughter and dancing with our children is the best kind of day!

Especially when we have sunflowers roots the size of tree trunks!