Sunday, March 28, 2010

Technology blues

My friend Diane over at Contemplative Photography has declared this a 'no technology Sunday' in her home.

I've just spent a second morning frittering around with my technology, trying to get it to work properly and am royally fed-up with the process!

Just so you know, I am non-techie. Sure, I know a bit about bits and bytes and all that stuff -- enough to be dangerous but not effective.

What has got my ire right now is we just installed a new wireless router as the old one died an unnatural death last week. In the process of switching, my new wonderful super fast laptop is now 64-bit browser active. Which is not one bit of goodness in my life. Yesteray I spent three hours trying to get my Internet connection to work... and I eventually did. But, in the process managed to switch from 32 bit to 64 bit -- and now I can't figure out how to switch it back!

Am I frustrated? Yup.

Am I going to let it ruin my day? Nope.

I'm going to get my lovely and wonderful pooch Ellie and go for a run. It's a new regime. A recognition that I've lapsed (not just a 'bit' but big-time) on physical well-being and need to ship myself into shape. Or is that shift? LOL - whatever it is, it's time to get active.

Putting my body in motion releases my mind to embrace wellness and who knows, maybe magically, mysteriously my technology blues will evaporate and all will be well in cyberland! Tee hee. Yeah. Like that's going to happen :).

So -- like Diane, I'm going non-techno this Sunday and shipping myself off to the great outdoors.

have a wonderful day.

See you tomorrow!

Nameste.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

let er rip, baby!
have a good run.

say "woof" to ellie, for me.

Maureen said...

Gee, we're all thinking the same thing today, though my technology is working just fine now, thank you. We got FIOS at last. My thing today is that it's cold and wet and I just want to curl up with a non-e book. (I'm reading Patti Smith's "Just Kids".)

Before I sign off, just want to say, enjoy all that you do this day.

Hugs from my piece of cyberland to yours.

S. Etole said...

Sounds like a great way to enjoy the day ...