Saturday, February 13, 2010

Five Stories on the Theme of Love

So, seeing as this is Valentine's weekend, my treasure hunt has dug up Five Stories on the Theme of Love.

Enjoy!

This little clip is just plain cute and funny with a little bit of pathos thrown in.


Big Love - Watch the best video clips here

I love this one. My mother is from southern India and this makes me think of her and my father -- he was Irish, she was French born in India where she met my father when she was 22. She left the land of her birth, the land she loved when she was 25 and only returned once to visit my grandmother before she passed away. Bollywood is in my blood. Both my sisters and I love this music, Anne and I once took a Bollywood dance course together and one of my daughter's favourite movies is Monsoon Wedding. In honour of my mother, and my heritage, I offer up this song/video.


Bagavathi - July Malargale - Tamil Divx Love Video Songs - The best video clips are here


Last night, along with C.C. and friends, Al and Jane, we watched the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Olympic Games. I am a proud Canadian.

I grew up on foreign soils and have often struggled with what it means to be 'Canadian'. I have never had to defend my lands. Never had to watch my lands be defended.

In this deeply patriotic and provocative song, My Beautiful Afghanistan, Shafiq Mureed sings of his country, "You are my soul. You are my love."

We have soldiers in Afghanistan fighting for freedom. May they all know peace.



I wanted to find a song about love in many languages and then I found, German cabaret artist/pianist Bodo Wartke performing his song "Liebeslied" (love song) -- I love you is sung in over 60 languages. Very cool! And visit Bodo Wartke's site too == I love the German language. Once having been fluent in it, it was fun to listen to his voice speak words I'd long forgotten. VisitBbodo Wartke here and learn more!



And finally, a stirring love song in the language of love.... This song is sung by French, musician, singer, visionary and romantic,Frederic Baron. since 1992 he has collected over 3000 words of love on a wall in Montmatre. Visit this link to read more about Frederic Baron's amazing vision.


6 comments:

Maureen said...

These are wonderful. I especially like that last one (might even "borrow" it with a nod to you).

I'm going to tell Nancy to be sure to stop by here today. I'd love to see her visual of that little creature in the first video. Slam poetry on that one!

Anonymous said...

i heard some of my tongues song prayer in this song. i think it was the word "prayer".


a confirming word i truly needed today.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

oops...it was the 3rd vid.

Anonymous said...

i like the idea of the wall covered in the words of love.

i think i would like to start a word wall.

Anonymous said...

and finally...
agreed,
may everyone know peace.