Wednesday, October 28, 2009

In the moment of awakening.

We're our own dragons as well as our own heroes, and we have to rescue ourselves from ourselves. Tom Robbins
So, It's True Confessions time. You know, that point on this journey where I leap up, wave my hand in the air and scream, I've got a confession. I'm a cross-dressing, pseudo pinko, ultra-liberal card carrying SOB who cheated on my dog and stole the kitty litter to give to the rat next door and.... ooops! Wrong show. This is not Jerry Sprung Loose on the Cyber Wave.

Okay, but I do have a confession. I believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. And, I believe in fairy tales, especially that part where Prince Charming comes in to rescue the fair maiden and sweeps her off her feet and carries her into the rosy dawn of happily-every-after.

Yup. I do. I do. I really do.

Alright. Truth is, I used to believe in fairy tales, and I really did believe Prince Charming was out there waiting to rescue me, myself and I from an uncertain present to sweep me off into a predictable future of white picket fences and glass ceilings that never fell.

And then I awoke to the truth. No one out there can rescue me from myself. That's my job. My responsibility. My purpose in life. My raison d'etre.

In "The 21-day Consciousness Cleanse", Debbie Ford writes, This is what I know:

You are designed to reinvent and re-create yourself, over and over again. And, you are here -- whether you want to acknowledge it or not; whether you even know it or not -- for the evolution of your own soul. p 19

There are no guarantees in life. It doesn't come with a pre-loaded credit card guaranteeing you x number of tearful encounters or y number of laughter filled moments. Life comes in the living. It unfolds with every step we take. And there are no guarantees. And nobody's gonna rescue you from yourself.

There was a time when I believed somebody would. Somebody could. Somebody should rescue me -- I mean, I wasn't doing a great job of it so somebody must have my answers! There was a time when I held onto the view that if I do this or this or that, if I wear size 6 Prada's, designer clothes and speak and look and act a certain way, Prince Charming will fall in love with me and I'll have my white picket fence and a two car garage in the suburbs and a career and a man of my dreams.

And then I awoke.

I can have all of that if I really, really want it without Prince Charming riding in. I can create the life of my dreams without having to don designer togs or stuff my size 9s into shoes that hurt me. I can have all that I ever imagined and everything better by living up to my higher good. By being my most amazing self -- without looking for someone else to make it happen for me.

See, money doesn't grow on trees and pigs don't fly. But, who cares?

A money tree was never what I was after. And flying pigs don't seem that appealing. They'd taste like chicken anyway. And boy, would they hurt you when they fell.

What's important is that I know the value of money. I spread my own wings. I know my own worth.

What's important is I live my life as if nobody else can live it for me. Because, they can't.

French literary critic, Charles Du Bo wrote, "The important thing is this: to be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."

Letting go of make believe and fairy tales and wishing and hoping upon stars for all our dreams to come true takes a courageous soul. It takes letting go of limiting beliefs that would have you hold fast to everything you know about yourself, to fall into that space where everything you've always imagined about yourself is possible and true. It takes dispelling your belief that you are a mere human being grinding away at the grist in the mill of your human experience. It takes opening up to your disbelief that you are a being of wonder, the divine expression of God that is uniquely you. A being of power and light, of creation.

There ain't nobody coming to your rescue. It's time to get into the flow of limitless possibilities that open up when you embrace all that you are, right now, in this moment, without fear you will never be enough.

You are enough.

Always were.

Always will be.

Even if you don't know how to make your dreams come true. Even if you are terrified of letting go of your control. Do it. Take the leap. Listen to your heart's calling. Tune into your spirit's voice rising out of the quagmire of your disbelief. You are an amazing human being the reflection of all that is divine and holy in your creation.

You are a wondrous being of light. Your wings are calling, whispering sweet everything's in your ear. They are calling you to leap, to spread yourself wide and open up to the absolute bliss of being in love with all you are and all you ever will be. There are no limits to your greatness. Take off the brakes. Accelerate your dreams and get living it up in the here and now.

There's nobody coming to rescue you from today. It's up to you to set yourself free to be your most amazing self in this moment of your awakening.

The question is: Are you willing to fall into that space where you don't know how to make it happen and let the magic rise around you? Are you willing to be free?

1 comment:

Sarah M said...

Thanks for the inspiration today! I'm working hard at letting go of my control, leaping and listening. I'm just going to do it, to live my dreams and follow my heart with wisdom. I am a divine expression of God's love and I am going to live the life He has made for me with joy!

Hugs and love to you!!