Thursday, September 24, 2009

Connected in the waters of life

Inhale, and God approaches you. Hold the inhalation, and God remains with you. Exhale, and you approach God. Hold the exhalation, and surrender to God. Krishnamacharya
Ever have one of those moments when suddenly, the answer is there, right in front of you, around you, beneath you, above you, within you? It is so clear, so bright you just know. Know, deep down in the bottom of that place just behind your belly button where the fires of your eternal flame flicker in the dark. This, this moment right now. This is 'it'. This is life. This is what it's all about. This moment right now is the Divine, crystallized on the morning dew. The Holy, opened up before you. The essence of all that it means to be human bathing you in love, peace and harmony.

This morning, while meditating, I had one of those moments. Crystal clear, deep, profound, silent and beautiful. I am whole. I am holy.

This morning, I saw 'it'. Saw a truth that has been dancing in the light of my dreams but would vanish to the edges of the mists of my consciousness rising.

This morning, I felt 'it'. Felt its warm loving breath breathing light and hope and endless possibility into my day.

I have always believed that we human beings are inherently good. At the core of each of us is a magnificent jewel of human perfection, over-flowing with creativity, joy, beauty, love. It is our birthright, the essence of who we are born to be.

It is what I live every day at the shelter where I work. It is what I express in my courses, in my interactions with the clients who struggle to overcome life's burdens bearing down upon their enthusiasms, their purpose, their belief in who they are.

This morning, I felt God's breath upon me and I opened up to the truth of my magnificence connected to yours and yours and yours and yours.

See, we are all connected. Strip away life's hurdles. Peel back the layers of human conditioning, of childhood angst and circumstances. Dig under the skin of our outer limits and you will find the essence of each and everyone of us. Whole. Complete. Holy and Divine.

Swim in an ocean and we will all float in the same waters. Sure, some of us will swim faster, some might even sink until they move their arms to keep themselves afloat. But we are all swimming in the same waters. Breathing of the same air.

I can teach you to swim. But I can't change the feel of the water on your skin or mine. It is always wet.

And that was my moment this morning. In our evolutionary process of this journey from the cradle to the grave, we struggle to unearth our true essence beneath the layers of life's programming, our childhood, our family of origin, our ancestral trees. The environment. Our nature. And in our struggle to understand who we are and why we do the things we do, we spend our effort trying to reprogram our thinking to fit the dream of who we want to be when we're not programmed to ... self-defeat, self-destruct, sabotage, or undermine or any host of self-defeating games we might play that keep us from living the life of our dreams.

Yet, underneath it all, at the core of our human existence is this vast sea of brilliance, of magnificence into which and from which we were all conceived, and born and live. Underneath our struggle to find ourselves, is the realization that we were never lost. We just got buried under the human grind eating away at our magnificence.

We are all connected. Not through our pain and sorrow, or even our joy and laughter. We are all connected through the brilliance of the essence of the human spirit. Through this sea of Divine lightness of being that flows for and through and under and over and around each and every one of us.

We are all connected in the waters of life.

The question is: Will you spend your time today peeling back the layers of your past, or will you let go of your expectations of finding yourself on the road of life and dive exuberantly into the sea of your Divine essence and flow effortlessly in the eternal consciousness that has been willed to us through God's magnificent Love?

No comments: