Thursday, June 11, 2009

The power of love

Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: the potential for greatness lives within each of us. Wilma Rudolph
I have always believed the greatest lessons I have ever learned are from my daughters. Through being their mother I have learned the true meaning of 'giving is receiving'. I have learned what it means to love unconditionally, myself and others. To be responsible. To be a role model. To be true and honest and steadfast.

This morning, I read my daughters blog and felt the power of love wash over me in all its infinite facets. I felt its power to heal and to nurture and to create life. And I felt the gift of its forgiveness.

I want to share what she wrote with you. It is a powerful lesson in love and gratitude and beauty and most importantly, forgiveness.

http://alexismcd.wordpress.com/2009/06/10/love-lessons/

Nameste

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Louise - no wonder you are so proud of her...she sounds so amazing and mature and compassionate...what a beauty!!

Anonymous said...

LG,

your kid is a phenomenal tour-de-force with her pen . . but given from whence she came, it should not be a surprise

your pride showeth, as it should

so does hers

Cheers,

Mark

Anonymous said...

I can't say it any better than Mark did! You have every right to be proud Louise :)

Di