Sunday, April 12, 2009

The dance of life

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music. Angela Monet
I love to dance. Love the feeling of letting my body fall into the rhythm, leap into movement, soar into feeling my way through time and space connected to the music. Sometimes, when I dance, I forget there is a world around me and simply move, wildly and ferociously. My daughters call it my 'crazy dance'.

When I dance, I don't think. My mind becomes filled with the passion of each moment.

When I dance, I am, as Joseph Campbell says, 'living in the rapture of being alive.'

When I dance, I am on fire, in the fire. I am the fire.

Friedrich Nietzsche once said, "I would believe only in a God that knows how to dance."

God does dance. He is the wind whispering gently in the leaves, howling fiercely in the night. She is the dance of light playing on the water, sparkling in the sunlight. He is the Northern Lights dancing across the horizon on a cold, clear winter's night.

God is the dance.

On this Easter Sunday, may we all dance in the love and grace of life. May we dance together in peace and harmony. Joy and laughter. May our tears pool into sunshine, our sorrows fade away into the dance of life unfolding our arms, opening each of us up to the rapture of being alive.

Happy Sunday. May this day bring you into the passion of being in love with all of you. Beauty and the beast. May you live in the rapture of being alive.

No comments: