Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It just is.

If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn round and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. Michael Jordan
When I run into a wall, it's because I wasn't looking where I was going in the moment of taking my next step. I was focused on orchestrating the outcome of what I was doing, as opposed to being committed to living what I was doing in the moment.

Running into a roadblock is a sign I need to step back, take a breath, or two, and be in the space of 'not having the answer' of not being in control of the outcome. Ultimately, it isn't the 'how' that makes my dreams come true, it's the what.

What is my intention? Where is my attention?

Action engages attention.

When I was in the angst of awakening from an abusive relationship, I wanted to keep asking, "How could he have done what he did? How could he lie to me?"

Reality is, he did. Asking questions related to what he did, didn't change what he did -- and it didn't give me anymore clarity because, my power isn't in figuring out someone else's mind, it's in being present in my mind, connecting to where I'm at, what I'm doing. Thinking about him kept me stuck. Asking myself questions that freed me from being stuck in confusion were imperative.

I knew I couldn't stay mired in the angst of my pain. I couldn't stay stuck in the turmoil of the past. I had to breathe. Deeply. And ask myself, "What do I want for me now? What's Important Now? What step can I take in this moment that will create healing for me?"

To heal, I had to get clear on my needs. My dreams. My passions.
In the first throes of awakening from that relationship I had three core needs: To heal my broken heart. To heal my broken relationship with my daughters and to help them heal.

To heal, I had to accept reality as it was today. Grounded in reality, I opened up possibility to create a better reality tomorrow. To heal, I had to ask for what I wanted -- and open myself up to receiving all I wanted, and anything better.

In Byron Katie's, Loving What Is, she writes, "A thought is harmless unless we believe in it. It is not our thoughts, but the attachment to our thoughts that causes suffering."

When I believe the world is full of lack, is out to get me, that life is a grind, I am suffering from what I believe.

Reality is: The Universe doesn't care. It just is. The Universe is Bliss.

When I attach to the thought, "Life's not fair", I become mired in my belief that whatever happens to me, it isn't fair.

Fair has nothing to do with it.

My beliefs do. And my beliefs come from my thoughts -- to which I've attached an outcome.

I believe the Universe is a place of abundance. Of unbounded bliss. I block my flow into the Universe when I attach myself to the belief -- it may be full of bliss, but not for me.

Remember, the Universe doesn't care. It just is.

Unlike Santa, the Universe doesn't keep a list of my rights and wrongs, balancing out the equation of my life on a scale of divine justice.

The Universe doesn't care.

I need to care. About what I do. What I believe. What I say, think, feel, put into action.

I need to care about me enough to be. do. have the life of my dreams. That's my job.

The question is: What are you doing about your job today? Are you caring enough about you to create beauty all around you with every thought, word, deed?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LG,

this is a good piece . . I would imagine it re-ordered a little with a title 'Fair has nothing to do with it' ...for posting on 360boom

your thoughts?

Mark