Friday, August 29, 2008

Ain't got no time to worry.

We're off to New York this morning. One of C.C.'s nieces is getting married this weekend and we are flying east to enjoy the festivities. His two kids and my youngest daughter, Liseanne, are accompanying us for the five day vacation.

Gotta admit, I'm nervous. I haven't spent a lot of time with his children. At 17 and 20, they are busy living their lives. What time I have spent with them, however, has been enjoyable -- they're fun, interesting, creative and caring human beings. A reflection of the love and attention their mother and father have devoted to them. Need to focus on what I know -- his kids are awesome young people -- and breathe into my insecurities.

I'm also going to be meeting C.C.'s extended family. They're quite a large group -- he's fourth in a line of 13 kids! All but two of the siblings will be at the wedding. Ask me if I'm nervous?

Yesterday, Liseanne and I were driving to pick up my mother to take her for lunch and she asked me, "Are you nervous."

"If I think about it I am," I replied. "So, I don't think about it. That way it will be what it will be without me fussing about it before it happens."
Worry is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained. Arthur Somers Roche
What me worry?

Gotta admit, given the chance, worry would channel its way into my mind and drain me of all enjoyment in the occasion -- if I let it.

That's the thing about worry. I can choose to let it override my spirit, or I can choose to acknowledge it and set it free. Like white fluffy clouds drifting across a blue summer's day, I let worry drift out of my mind as I state my truth with conviction, "I am a fearless woman."

What would a fearless woman do when faced with worry? She'd give it the boot and settle down into doing something about what's in front of her, right now, in this moment.

In this moment, I have a blog to write, packing to finish. I've got a plan for my inflight entertainment -- I have a number of cards to write to Choices friends and will spend the four+ hour journey immersing myself in completing a task I enjoy.

Filling my time, and my mind, with things I love, doesn't give me time to worry.

Does it?

Hope not! 'Cause this girls on her way to the Big Apple. Worry can't find me there!

Have an awesome long weekend. I'll try to post from New York -- no guarantees -- 'cause I'm gonna be living it up, tripping the light fantastic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Family will love you.. as we all do. You are a beautiful, amazing, inspiring woman.

BA