Friday, July 4, 2008

Living my highest intentions

Today is Parade morning. The Calgary Stampede begins to roll through downtown streets as hundred of spectators line the avenues to watch -- The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth come to life.

Today, I'm happy in the quiet of my home. C.C. and Liseanne are still asleep. The puppies are fed and walked and life unfolds with aplomb.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. Let me make it my best day yet.

Hugh Prather, 70s iconic writer and 'philosopher' wrote, "Live as if everything you do will eventually be known."

Dale Carnegie said to speak of everyone as if they are in the room with you.

What would I do differently today if everything I do is 'known' by the world? What would I not do? Waht am I doing? Where do I speak of others as if they're not there? As if they can't hear my gossip. My non-supportive words, or my supportive words? Wher am I living my life as if it doesn't make a difference, as if I don't matter and what I do is not important?

We live in a universe where everything is connected to everything. What can I do today that connects me in powerful and positive ways to the world around me? How can I live my highest intentions and be the light that casts away the dark of my world, leading me through my magnificence?

The question is: What about you? What can you do that speaks to your highest intention to celebrate your magnificent, to live in the light of your wonder?

No comments: