Sunday, June 8, 2008

Gratitude and blessings

The skies remain cloudy. Rain lightly falls. Coolness fills the air.

I am inside. Warm. Toasty. Dry. I look outside, see the moisture falling. Sense the coolness and retreat. Back to my warm world. Back to my comfort.

I am blessed.

So many people around the world today do not have a warm, dry place to retreat to. They do not have clothes to keep them warm. Coffee to brew. Water to pour. They do not have my comforts.

I am grateful.

I have a warm home. A home filled with people I love and who love me. A never ending circle of love. A continuous song of gratitude.

I have love. A world of love surrounding me. I have family, friends, my daughters, C.C., my puppies. I have a world of love to support me.

I am thankful.

I give thanks. For my life. For my world around me. I give thanks for all I have. For all I receive. For all I know. I give thanks to the world around me. To the universe for supporting me. I am the gratitude of the skies pouring down. I am the gratitude of the heavens opening up. I am. Grateful. Thankful. Blessed.

This is my morning prayer.

In blessed gratitude, I give thanks.

The question is: What's your morning prayer?

No comments: