Monday, January 28, 2008

Fired up on dream-inspired action

I had never heard of Wintley Phipps until this morning when an email from a girlfriend included a link to a YouTube rendition of his singing of Amazing Grace. It is in those moments of witnessing someone's magnificence in light that I am humbled by awe of the human spirit.

I had never heard of Wintley Phipps' organization, the US Dream Academy until this morning either. The US Dream Academy helps children of prisoners with their education. "A child with a dream is a child with a future," reads their tagline.

Dreams. I want to dream with childlike wonder. I want to embrace the moment in childlike awe of what is possible when I get out of my own way and instead, create my own way to my dreams come true.

British pastor and lecturer, Bernard Edmonds wrote, “To dream anything that you want to dream. That's the beauty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do. That is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits. That is the courage to succeed.”

Dreams are the stuff that living life on full-throttle, foot to the pedal, full-speed ahead, top down, wind whipping through your hair, laughter rippling through your body, are made of.

Dreams are big stuff.

I want to be a wild-eyed dreamer. Painting my dreams in multi-coloured hues rich in experience, brimming over with excitement and empty of fear. I want to dream big. Live large. Die living.

I know I can. I think I can. I can. Me and Henry Ford. "Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right.” I wanta be always right -- living my dreams because I know I can, because I claim my right to live my dreams freely.

I wanta be right. Right on. On fire. Fired up. Up lifted.

I wanta dream. Live my dreams and die exhausted of my dreams lived out living every moment on fire because this moment counted, this moment was my dream come true.

That's me. My Monday morning manifesto. My 'live my life' song of joy fired up on dream-inspired action filling every moment with awe.

The question is: What's your Monday morning manifesto? What dream are you holding close to your chest in fear of setting it free?

1 comment:

ricki said...

Thanks for the link ... and for what it's worth, I enjoyed cruisin' through your thoughts ...