Saturday, December 29, 2007

Reflections

I read this quote this morning. It reflects the past year aptly. "Humans grow through the metabolism of their own experience."

It's December 28 and New Year's Eve is just a couple of turns of the calendar page. It is a time of reflection, of consideration, congratulations and celebration. It is a time to be grateful for all the events of my life. No matter whether I judged them -- good, bad or indifferent. It is a time to measure my progress on goals set, goals achieved. And, it is a time to refocus on goals set and to plan on how I will achieve them in the coming year.

It is a time of settling into this moment, right now and feeling the awesome grace of being bathed in gratitude. Gratitude for my life, my world around me, the people in it, the people who touch my heart and open my arms to love.

Years come. Years pass and with each passing day that adds up to a year spent creating my beautiful life on a daily basis, I am grateful for the awesome power of love to heal, to soothe, to expand my life into all it is meant to be.

It's December 28 and I sit in the quiet of the morning anticipating the excitement of another year, a different year, a new year. A year in which love envelops me in ever expanding circles that connect me to those who make such an enormous difference in my life.

Like the years past, this will be a year of change. A year of movement, of grace, of joy, of sorrow.

I do not know what the year will bring. I do know I have the courage and the confidence to deal with whatever it brings with grace, ease and dignity.

That is my commitment for 2008. To confidently step into my courage to be all that I am meant to be when I release myself from fear that I will never be enough. I am enough. Just the way I am.

The question is: Will fear drive you away from your one true self, or will you be drawn by courage into the freedom to be the most magnificent being you are?

No comments: